Monday, November 1, 2010

Some Have Gone and Some Remain –The Beatles

Holy Sacred Cows, it is November 1 and only a day from this “Throw-em-all-Out Election.” We would do well to have elections every six months. The print media and TV folks are in the wet dreams of their lives. I have had to use a crow bar to pry the anti-Coons junk mail out of my RFD mail box. It is some very slick stuff too, high quality paper, rich, color, professional photography, graphics, very republican. And I do not have to tell you about the TV ads, goodness a veritable hurricane of money blowing in from both sides. And holy calculators, what dandy dinero (Hey, now, if Karl Rove can use Spanish on FuxNews. . .) the polling companies have made; just imagine the depression that will hit when it is all over tomorrow evening. Oh, the pollsters never stop; after all where would we be without them? While I am genuinely happy for The Economy that there is an election happening tomorrow, I am beyond glad, though, that time is flying along at, well the speed of time and in the blink of a newt’s eye, all this overt political insanity will be over.

I just can’t take the moronity of it any more, I just can’t. This morning, fist thing, while I was sipping my latte, nibbling at an organic scone, and flipping through the channels ever eager to see who is ahead in Colorado, some woman from Maryland (I am guessing she’s from the Free State because she had an “Ehrlich for Gov” sticker pasted just above her heart and right next to a brooch with enough diamonds in it to buy every kid in Ethiopia a Big Mac for a year) is being interviewed about how she is a “senior” and afraid because of the czars in Washington and how the communist are in the White House, no shit, that's a quote. She allowed as she was so scared she had donated 3000 dollars to someone or another so that they could win and she could sleep better of nights. I am happy for her; I never had close to 3000 dollars to donate to any political hack no matter the brand; somehow, I figure she probably won’t have to go on free cheese either to compensate for the three grand outlay. Gawd, please end it soon.

Then there’s all the marijuana smoke about Harry Reid’s getting the boot out there in Nevada which in itself doesn’t bother me a bit because I do not vote out there. But come on, does it really make sense to bump ol’ Harry out for a woman who refuses to discuss her political agenda with the press? I know that some think the press is all, except for FUX, in bed with the liberals and that you can’t count on the press to tell a bit of truth. But, really can you vote for anyone who wants a public office that won’t speak to the public except by messenger pigeon or though slick, 6 X 11 glossy ads? How are the Nevadans supposed to get to know Ms. Angle’s politics when the bulk of her time is spent figuring out which corridor to use to race away from the inquiring press? Sacred 1000 dollar Mirage chips, what’s that all about? I guess it doesn’t matter; ol’ Harry is so reviled out there that any snake charmer could probably beat him. It is a bit scary though because then Ms. Angle will be Senator Angle and making all sorts of decisions that affect me, like dumping Medicare, dropping Social Security, converting everyone to Asian; I just don’t know.

And, what’s up in the Key Stone State? You got Pat Toomey ahead of Joe Sestak. Is that about throwing them all out? Again, I do not live in Pennsylvania and generally avoid even visiting there, but I can’t figure that one out either. Toomey is a politician isn’t he, still, even though he did get out of the House, as he promised, to run for Senate? And didn’t Toomey make a living from Big Banking which I thought everyone was pissed with? And did he not spend four more tough years as president of some 501 c corporation and political action committee? (Makes me wonder if there aren’t some really good bucks just in prepping to run for office.) Toomey does get an A from the NRA and wants to ban all sorts of stuff concerning same sex stuff. But really, for the sake of all you patriots, Sestak is a dammed retired admiral, 30 year veteran, selected to advise the Chief of Naval operations after 9/11, he was a weapons officer, had command of a missile frigate, and the commander of a destroyer squadron. The polls have him behind Toomey. I thought we were for patriots, veterans, experienced managers, etc. I sit here in my pjs at 430AM wondering how the good people of Pennsylvania could pick a banker over an admiral for Senate, would rather have a banker for a senator than a guy who was in charge of a freaking frigate. Damn, that’s just bizarre.

And for Delaware: I am pulling hard for Christine because she a good looking gal and because she is exactly what this state deserves. Besides when she gets to be our senator, by law, she can have a staff of at least 26 each of who can max out at just more than 150 K, a year. Hell, Obama wouldn’t hire me, maybe good ol’ Christine will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I disagree with anything in this piece, so I'll just list the things I like:
1) The title is apropos..let's hope the right ones go, and the right ones remain,
2) "In the wet dreams of their lives"...very funny,
3) "blink of a next's eye" Har Har
4)"..enough diamonds in it to buy every kid in Ethiopia a Big Mac for a year" rather clever, I'd say
So, let's see what you say after tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

I, as usual, agree with the other anonymous!

Hi anonymous!

Good work Greg. You are your usual comical and disgruntled self!